Today's entry is my 11 yo sons A+ essay. I think he is clever.
Hi, I am Pluto. I live in space. I have eight neighbors. Their names are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. We are called planets.
We planets circle the sun. It keeps us warm and gives us light. The loudest planet is Earth. Mars told me that Earth has something on him called life and he is the only planet with it. I think it is a disease.
Some of us planets are known for certain things. I am the coldest planet. Mercury is the hottest planet. Saturn has the most rings around it. Jupiter is the largest planet. I am the smallest planet as well as the furthest from the sun.
There is also a thing that goes around planets. It looks like a baseball with holes. Jupiter brags because he has the most of these. I have only one of these. I call it Charon. Venus says he saw the first object to land on Earth’s thing coming from Earth. Saturn said it is called a Neil Armstrong.
There are also these bright things surrounding us that are lots of colors. All of them blow up. I think Venus told me that the Sun is one of them. There are billions of these things. Some of them shoot leaving a trail of light. They are made of gases.
There are also these things that I don’t like. Whenever they land on me, it burns me. When they are flying, they lose parts. Sometimes they blow up. They always come from that loud mouth Earth.
Another annoying thing that comes from Earth is this thing that takes pictures. I am mad because I am never ready for the picture. Mercury said that they can be as big as a bus or as small as a beach ball, whatever they are.
So you can see that space is a very busy place to live. There is lots of stuff going on out here. Luckily, I have my eight friends to keep me company. That’s all about me and space. I hope you liked my story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
What a GREAT paper!
You are onviously a proud mama!
And rightfully so!
Aww, what a fun way to approach an essay. A+ was well deserved. Funny note: I have an essay sitting here that I have been going to post written by my 11 year old. It's so fun when they start to do their own work and do such a great job.
Post a Comment