OK, so please don’t judge me too harshly, but I like beer. I like to drink beer socially on the weekends and have an occasional one or two during the week. I grew up with beer drinking parents and siblings, and I've been drinking beer since
highschool college. My husband likes beer too, as do most of our friends. We have a bar, out on our patio, with a keg refrigerator and a TV for whatever sporting event may be on. Our house is where all the neighbors come to watch a sport and have a drink or two. OK, so the point of this story is that last year when I was not working, I’d fit my beer store run in on my Friday errands. Sometimes if I don’t like what kind of beer is in the current keg, I like to have a case on hand of another kind of beer. I would go to the same store where my husband buys his kegs. I got to know the owners of the store from my Friday visits, and they would dote over my son and give him a lollypop. So one day my husband and I went into the store together………the owner stared at me, stared at him, back to me, back to him and then he exclaimed “you two together?” (Asian accent). He was apparently amazed at the amount of beer we purchase. Real matter of factly, my husband replied………"We entertain a lot".
So that’s it, we explained ourselves. I haven’t been in the store in a while as the entertaining at home slows down in the winter. My husband went in the other night to get a case of beer for the snow storm. (don’t ask) The store owner’s eyes lit up and he pulled out a shirt all wrapped up in plastic……….”Here, this is for your wife”, it was advertising one of my favorite beer brands. So, knowing the owner does have some perks, even if he does think I’m a load.
PS I like wine too.
5 comments:
You go girl! My home is the local hot spot too, indulgence of choice... food, much, much food. I think switching to drinks sounds like a good idea...alas, we're Mormon.
My husband and I always joke that the Mormon tradition of not drinking alcohol causes us to pop anti-depressants like candy. If it's not one thing it's another.
So what brand was on your shirt?
The brand on my shirt is Moosehead, its a Canadian Beer, that is good and reasonably priced.
Ah, Mormon......and you can't even take a teensy taste of wine??? Well, at least you can wake up not feeling like you were run over by a truck and you most likely remember all events from the previous night........(of course I'm referring to my younger days, can't drink like that anymore, not with 3 kids).
thanks for reading!
Irishmama
We love beer too!- I was just at Trader Joes and they had a "grab bag" filled with different beers- thought that was a fun idea to be surprised and adventurous and try some different ones!
Nothing beats a nice cold beer on a hot day!
Thanks for visiting our blog- hope you come bak for another visit soon!
K
If I liked beer, which I so don't, Moosehead would be my choice. Or maybe Big Rock. Or maybe Alexander Keith's. But I don't like beer. Really. I just have certain choices should someone force a beer down my throat.
Give me tequila anyday.
I LOVE beer too. Hurray Beer! If I lived near you I'd be joining you too. I just wish it didn't taste so good cuz then I'd definitely drink less.
Post a Comment