Thursday, September 25, 2008

Embarassing Mom moment number 456

My oldest son is in fifth grade and they are the Big Kids on Campus this year. I'm on a committee with 4 other women to plan events for the fifth graders at school. One of the tasks is raising money, so I volunteered to spearhead the first big fundraiser, they're selling KidStuff Entertainment coupon books. It is a great fundraiser, we get 50% of the profit and the coupons are really valuable. I volunteered for this because working full time, carting boyscout, cheerleader and spaz to their respective (many) activites, going to the beach on weekends, maintaining the Home and School website, cleaning (or not cleaning) my house, doing laundry, shopping, cooking and everything else just wasn't enough for me to do. Anyway, we gave 3 of these books to each of the 91 fifth graders and told them to sell what they can, if they need more to let me know and return what they can't sell......all in 3 weeks. The sale ends today.

Early one morning last week I quickly typed up a 'reminder' email message and sent it to the entire fifth grade. I reminded them that there was one week left, reminded them of what they need to do, reminded them of the prizes and I thought I'd put a little pep speech at the end.

This is what I wrote at the end to motivate them: "Sell Sell Sell! We want to make this year as awesome as possible f you YOU!"

Yup, I just said 'f you' to the whole fifth grade.

Its been a week and I'm still hearing about it.

PS My son doesn't know about this, as I already embarrassed him twice during the sale. Once when I went in the classes to promote the sale and left my purse in one of the classrooms; and then the second time when I accidentally sent my car keys home with the coupon books for one of the other students. I should just stop.

3 comments:

ChefDruck said...

I am cracking up. Just wait until he finds out! Well, they'll forget in no time.

Thanks for entering the contest at my blog - good luck!

Nicole Feliciano said...

LOL. Spell check can only get us so far! You were probably suffering from Mommy brain.

Need a lift? I've got 1-2-3-4 contests running this month. There is a great one just for moms:

Lucy Tee Giveaway

Here's the link:

http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2008/09/lucy-tee-contest-and-chic-moms-guide.html

Boy Mom said...

Too F'ing hilarious, you just gave me a reason to join the PTA.