Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I just can't do it

So, something new.........I'm trying to lose 10 lbs by the end of Feb. I'm in a challenge here at work, we don't have to post our weight, just what we gained/lost....every Tuesday. People, Tuesday is waytooclose to the weekend, I need my weigh in on Friday morning. I am so good during the week, eating lots of fruit, drinking only water and lots of it, no cheese, no sweets, no snacking........but I must tell you, there is definitely NOT enough chocolate in apples. Then Friday hits. OK, its pizza night, one slice of plain won't pack on too many fat cells right? Well, ok, you must drink beer on Friday nights with your pizza......ok, see a pattern? Saturday comes, I try to be good all day because I usually have some sort of social event to attend on Saturday night and what will be there? FOOD and DRINK. My new thing is to always be the designated driver, that way I'll only have one or two drinks. Sunday comes, I'm not gonna eat much or drink today..........football is on. Need I say more. I really thought I did well this past weekend. I really monitored my intake. I even took the kids to the ice cream birthday party on Sat and only had a little teeny taste of my son's ice cream. Didn't order one for myself. Damn. I'm gonna see some lower numbers on Tuesday.........So here it is Tuesday, I did good, I even exercised, where is my scale..........drumroll please........................I gained 2/10 of a pound.

So now I started reading Skinny Bitch. I'm not too far into it, but I can definitely hope that it will scare me away from some foods. We shall see........

No comments: